We are always looking for talented individuals to work with us.
We are actively seeking two talented new postdocs, subject to confirmed budget availability.
- knowledge of Python and Markov chain Monte Carlo is ideal, as these are the two lingua franca within the group
- experimental biology expertise (especially biophysics, structural biology, spectroscopy, molecular biology, or biochemistry) is ideal, but not required
Key areas of interest include:
- selective kinase inhibition and the emergence of mutational mechanisms of resistance in cancer
- integrating experimental biophysical data with atomistic molecular simulations with Markov state models, particularly for allosteric inhibitor design
- the use of free energy methods in cancer immunotherapy (especially MHC:peptide interactions)
- free energy calculations of all kinds: alchemical, equilibrium, nonequilibrium, and potential of mean force methods
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries and applications.
Chodera lab seeking awesome tech to help advance drug discovery science with robots and Python!
Are you someone with a life/physical sciences degree eager to help design new therapeutics for cancer and other diseases using robots and cutting-edge computing technology? Looking to do something amazing before heading to graduate school or industry? Enthusiastic about working alongside scientists that integrate computation and experiment to push the boundaries of rational drug design? Then come join us!
The Chodera lab is looking to hire a talented technician to help us maximize our ability to make the most of the unique technological resources at our disposal, subject to confirmed budget availability.
We're looking for someone with:
- life or physical sciences BS/BA degree
- biological wetlab experience
- strong organizational skills
- experience with bacterial protein expression, purification, and related molecular biology skills
- excitement to automate these techniques on our total lab automation system
- eagerness to learn about (or previous experience with) laboratory robotics and automation
- coding skills (especially Python) a huge plus
- most importantly, an unbounded enthusiasm for SCIENCE!
Your responsibilities in the Chodera lab will include:
- developing and testing robotic lab automation protocols
- bacterial cloning, protein expression, and purification
- instrument maintenance (performing routine simple maintenance tasks and coordinating with instrument vendors for service)
- upkeep of wetlab (orders, inventory, automation waste management)
- organizing wet and dry labs to keep everything running smoothly
In the Chodera lab, you will:
- work in the basic science arm of a world-class cancer research institute
- work alongside amazing postdoc and graduate students that integrate computation and experiment
- become an integral part of several projects that push the boundaries of rational drug design and our understanding of cancer treatment
- learn the ins and outs of our whole-wetlab automation system
- delve into data analysis and lab infrastructure with Python
- help blog about exciting science going on in the lab
Please send inquiries to email@example.com